Thursday, December 1, 2011

My 4-Month Prior Wrestlemania XXVIII Dream Card

It's been one month since my last Dream Wrestlemania XXVIII Card and most of my matches have changed.  Have I mentioned before that my thoughts are very flexible - very little is 100% rigid.  I've been doing a lot of YouTube work lately, so if you haven't yet, be sure to check out my channel and my videos by clicking the link just below the main banner at the top of the page.  I'm going to continue this Wrestlemania Series every single month forever - on Wrestlemania Sunday, it'll go from "Dream Card" to "Predictions", but even in May I'll throw out an 11-month Prior Wrestlemania XXIX Dream Card post.



1. The Rock vs John Cena (obviously) - most likely a 13-18 minute match with Cena going over & finally earning The Rock's respect.
2. The Undertaker vs Kane - Honestly, I would've loved to see D-Bry get the rub from 'Taker, but in all reality, not only is The Dead Man holding the World Title going into Wrestlemania most likely not going to happen, but the WWE likes to build Undertaker's 'Mania matches around the idea that the guy attempting to break the streak has all the leverage in the world and could legitimately beat 'Taker.  Daniel Bryan probably wouldn't incite that thought regardless of how well he's booked.  Kane would.  People don't like the idea of Taker/Kane III, but those same people didn't like the idea of Mark Henry in the main event...see how that turned out?  Mark Henry has rebuilt the World Title's prestige and rejuvenated the Smackdown product.  Kane can return as an unstoppable monster, completely emotionless, completely without inhibition or mercy.  He targets Taker and sets out to prove that The Great Undertaker is able to be beaten, even on that big stage where only the opposite was previously thought.
3. CM Punk (c) vs Dolph Ziggler - One of the two constants from my last Dream Card and something that I'm legitimately starting to believe will actually happen more and more as time goes on.  Ziggler is on a hot streak and these two men proved on November 21st in Hershey that they can steal a show.  I do ultimately see Dolph Ziggler winning the Royal Rumble, and it'd be even better if he'd enter the Rumble at #1.  Ziggler says "I don't care if I'm booked twice, I don't care if I'm booked three times, I can go all night long," so why not let him prove it with a marathon-esque Royal Rumble performance?  He proves why he is the NEW 60 minute man by winning the Rumble and maybe even doing a little showing off after he does.
4. Chris Jericho vs The Miz - One major change from my last Dream Card and it's all because of those damned itbegins promos.  I'm not 100% sure that it's Jericho returning on the 2nd, but the fact that the boy (in the second promo) is talking about somebody taking back what is his...knowing that Jericho has called out multiple WWE guys for gimmick infringement...I do think it could be Jericho.  And I do think that the ideal match for Jericho to have at 'Mania is Miz, because Miz is more guilty of gimmick infringement than anybody.  Not only that, but Jericho would be a guy who is willing to put over a young guy like The Miz.  To put the icing on the cake, you know the WWE wants to feature Miz in a somewhat big match at Wrestlemania, you know he can't work a great match by himself, and you know that if anybody can carry him to a great match, Jericho is that guy.
5. Randy Orton (c) vs Cody Rhodes - Why is that (c) next to Randy Orton's name?  Simple.  I think Randy Orton should get the Intercontinental Title from Cody Rhodes at one of the next two PPVs (TLC or RR) for the SOLE PURPOSE of giving Cody Rhodes THAT moment.  That monumental Wrestlemania, main event making, career defining moment like Edge spearing Foley through a table or Orton getting slammed into thumbtacks and still coming out on top.  Cody Rhodes winning what used to be his IC title from a guy of Randy Orton's caliber would put Rhodes on that next level.
6. Mark Henry (c) vs Daniel Bryan - Yes, I think Mark should keep the title until Wrestlemania.  Yes, I think Daniel Bryan is going to continue being built as somebody that can actually beat Mark Henry.  And yes, I think Daniel Bryan will walk out of Wrestlemania with the World Heavyweight Championship.  I loved the tease on Smackdown this Tuesday and I legitimately was freaking out when Daniel had Mark in the ankle lock in the middle of the ring.  I think they should've played with that moment and let it drag out a few more seconds just to really grab viewers by their heartstrings and start tugging instead of just throwing a tiny little tease out there.
7. Wade Barrett vs Sheamus - The second of the two constants from my last Dream Card post.  The one condition I'm going to add here is that if the WWE would rather continue Barrett vs Orton and not work on developing an Orton/Rhodes feud, I could see this changing to Rhodes/Sheamus for the IC title and Orton/Barrett in a street fight or something of that variety.  Another option is Rhodes/DiBiase for the IC title and then Sheamus facing off with Christian to settle their differences in...you guessed it...one more match.
8. Zack Ryder (c) vs Alberto Del Rio - Hyper babyface Zack Ryder defends his United States Championship against somebody who I legitimately feel needs to be pushed down the card a bit: Alberto Del Rio.  He had the WWE title and proved that he is not ready for it.  He had a monster push and a featured Wrestlemania match and again, proved that he just is not ready for it.  Zack Ryder is going to beat Del Rio for the first time ever here, so the buildup is going to revolve around Del Rio being the dominant heel and Ryder being a resilient babyface who doesn't give up, much like the biggest supporter of Ryder himself, John Cena.
9. Natalya Neidhart vs Beth Phoenix (c) - and the Diva's match of the card is, ironically enough, the only gimmick match on the entire card.  This will be a Falls Count Anywhere match and a legitimate brawl between the two most talented female wrestlers on the WWE roster.  At the Royal Rumble, have Beth attack Nattie.  At Elimination Chamber, have Beth cheat to retain after a solid 8-10 minute match.  Finally, Wrestlemania, you have a 15 minute no DQ falls count anywhere DIVA'S MATCH where Natalya FINALLY earns the Diva's title from the evil Beth Phoenix.  Kharma returns shortly after 'Mania as well, so she gets to work with Beth for the #1 contender spot and Nattie for the title before becoming the top heel in the division.  In the meantime, I like the idea of establishing Nattie as the top babyface in the division.


So there you have it, folks.  My 4-month prior Wrestlemania card and a card that I would actually not regret buying at $65 including taxes and fees.  Be sure to comment with your thoughts, what you would change, and of course poking loopholes in my otherwise flawless logic.


Coming Sunday, Dec 11...Final Resolution predictions.  WHAAAAAAAAAT?  Yep.

1 comment: